FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING THE IMPACT OF COVID-19
Current as of: 08/01/2020
1) Are the offices open?
The Doral and Miami-Gardens Program Offices remain open to those with scheduled appointments. Please contact us at 305-403-3222 or visit us online at www.mdvoucher.com to explore the many self-service options or to make an appointment.
2) Will MDHCV continue to make Housing Assistance Payments (HAP)?
Yes. There will be no interruption with regular payments.
3) I lost my job or I have reduced income as a result of COVID-19. What do I do?
You may report the reduction or total loss of income online at www.mdvoucher.com
4) I have an upcoming Annual Reexamination appointment and I am not sure if I can make it.
5) I need to move and I do not want to go to or I cannot go to a Program Office.
You may request to move online at www.mdvoucher.com or contact us at 305-403-3222 to discuss other options.
6) I have a voucher and I need an extension
You may request a voucher extension online at www.mdvoucher.com or contact us at 305-403-3222 to discuss other options.
7) I submitted an RTA and need an Initial Inspection
Staff is expediting the review and processing of RTAs. The Inspections Department will contact you to schedule an Initial Inspection.
8) I have an issue with my property and need to have an inspection.
You may submit an online service request at www.mdvoucher.com.
9) I Have an Annual Inspection or reinspection scheduled and I am under a self-quarantine.
Effective 3/17/20, all Annual Inspections and reinspections will be rescheduled for a future date. Extensions to perform repairs will be granted on as part of the rescheduling process.
10) I have an Informal Hearing scheduled and I am not sure if I should attend.
Informal hearings will be conducted remotely via a zoom meeting. If you cannot download the zoom application, a secure room will be made available at the Doral location where you can connect with the hearing officer via zoom.